37. Tell meaningful stories – Stories are one of the best ways for teaching meaningful lessons of life. Stories stay in mind for longer duration and hence the message behind them. Read this awesome resource having 600+ short stories on love, relationship, success, parenting and many other life subjects. You may download android app here
38. Empathic skills – When we don’t instill empathic behavior we end up raising care-free kids. Teach your kids on how to feel someone’s pain, how to read someone’s emotions, how to respond to a sad person, how to manage someone’s anger and how to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to feel their mental state. This will increase Emotional Quotient of your kids which is one of the important factors for a living a successful life.
39. Situation Control – Ask ‘What-would-you-do-if’ kind of questions. Try to create simple situations in home and let your kids propose solutions. Do not guide them, instead let them use their brain and come up with answers. Always give constructive feedback on their thoughts and encourage them to think more. You will ignite their creativity and also help them becoming more self-sufficient person. Kids who are not exposed to life problems may fail very quickly when challenged.
40. Use adjectives and all the optimistic words in routine conversations – Usage of positive and constructive words have super impact on every human’s personality and you would want the same for your family. Take a print of word cloud and stick it on your refrigerator or in kids room. Practice these good words while interacting with your kids. You will see the difference yourself ! Check out this resource for 100 positive words for kids
41. Teach Simplicity – Let your children understand the different between needs and wants. As much as you can, keep your children to live their lives in “wants” categories. The wishes have no limits, which mean, if you fulfill one today, they will come up with another one. Your children do not have to buy new clothes if they can wear the current ones, they don’t need to buy another laptop after every 2 years. They don’t need to upgrade their mobile within 2 years.
42. Ask Thought provoking Questions – Asking questions triggers and ignites the thought process of humans. If you want your kids to be tomorrow’s leaders, start asking big questions (depending upon their age. For example: How can we ensure every hungry person on earth sleeps with full tummy. What kind of future cars will look like? What features do you want to have in your mobile?
43. Don’t Spoil Them – fulfilling all of their desires immediately is not a sign of good parenting. Even the wish is so easy to grant, teach them the value of patience. One approach is to set target for them before they entitled themselves to earn it. For example: If your kid wants you to buy a cycle, ask him to learn MS Power Point and make a 4-5 page presentation about benefits of cycles. This strategy will force them to learn Power Point. Let them understand what it takes to earn something in life, instead of getting it for free.
44. Punishment Vs Consequences – While punishing them, do not bring your emotions in the conversations. Be neutral in your tone with them. Don’t tell them that you are punishing them, instead let them know, in a police tone, that they are simply facing the result of their mistake. If they don’t do this mistake they wouldn’t be facing this consequence. This approach will install sense of responsibility and ownership of their actions.
45. Encourage them to express their thoughts on paper. It is recommended by Harvard® that writing our emotions (especially when angry) helps us cool down. Sometimes our instant anger more than what it is supposed to be. When we write our thoughts (and associated emotions), we neutralize our reaction to a greater extent. This enables our anger muscles to get back to normal. Apart from that, try asking your kids to write about: “what are 50 things you are thankful God for?” “What do you feel when you fight with your sibling”
46. Let Them Do Weekend Grocery – Let them make a list of things they have to purchase. Give them overview of the kitchen and explain what are the different components needed to run the food system of family. Do the same for every non-food item to be purchased. Once you explain them, let them come up with a detailed list of items. Then take them to the market and ask them to find out those stuff and fill in the trolley. This includes choosing the raw vegetables and fruits. Guide them on how to differentiate between fresh and unhealthy stuff.
Is English The Hardest Language to Learn? Yes it is! Among the romance languages, English happens to be the most difficult to learn. It has been established by results of surveys conducted that within a year, children learning other languages master the basic elements...
7 Important roles of a school principal A Principal’s role may vary depending upon the team size/structure of a school. Some startups may not have CFOs, CMOs or CIOs and other similar roles. In such cases a Principal is required to step into additional domains and...
With continuous increase in population on the planet and high rate of sudden death of young parents, it is imperative that new orphanages are established and operated in our societies. While most of the governments across the world are not economically strong enough...
Students have so many types based on their behavior, habits, responsiveness, class environments. Below is somewhat funny list of students. Check it out and let us know in comments about what kind of student you are or have been! 50 Types of Students The Star Student:...
This article provides 12 Study tips and tricks from top students. There are different types of students when it comes to studying approach: - Responsible and Active Students: Students who revise the course material every day and keep themselves synchronized...
If you're a parent, teaching your children how to write is an essential skill that will help them succeed in the future. This post will provide tips...
Is English the hardest language to learn
This article covers 7 important roles of a school principal. These are critical points for bringing excellence in a school system
How to Establish, Operate and Sustain An Orphanage Effectively – 24 Critical Points – A Full Guide
50 types of students – funny list
How Top Students Study – 12 Study Tips