14. Spend on Memories Instead of Stuff – Teach your kids that a new gadget will give them temporary happiness, instead going to a fun event, exploring new city or country will give them life time happiness.
15. Create Things to Do List – Science proves that the probability of completion of activities is very high when we write things down and keep them in front of our eyes. Let your kids create check lists or to-do lists and place it on refrigerator or any other place where it is seen by everyone frequently.
16. Visit a Poor Vicinity – Show them challenges and struggles others are facing. They will not only develop the sense of gratitude but also embrace life challenges which they may face in future.
17. Show Them When You Do Charity work – Kids learn more through their eyes. Lead by example and you will see the results yourself.
18. Ignite Thoughts – Ask questions to trigger thoughts (what do you think about, what’s your opinion) – what would you like to change in the word. Asking questions is one of the best techniques you should use for their mental growth.
19. Emotions Control and Expression of Moods – Explain them different emotions such as being angry, stubborn, sad and so on. Give fair treatment to their emotional response. This will help them strengthening their emotional being. Remember, Emotional Quotient is extremely important for the success of your kids turning adults.
20. Install Character building thoughts – There are many personality traits which you need your children to adopt to. You definitely want them Optimistic, Resilient, Hardworking, Self-motivating, family-oriented, focused and spiritually strong. However you need to create awareness on these aspects by initiating such discussions during casual talks and then let your kids provide you feedback next day. Explain your kids on what it takes to be a great man.
21. Fair Treatment – Balanced and equal love for every kid has to be ensured by kids else it will lead to inferiority complex which will have strong impact on your child’s personality and character. Inferiority complex causes shyness and lack of confidence hence it is imperative to maintain balanced environment in the home. Even if one of your kids is performing better in class or you like him/her for whatsoever reason, it is not appropriate to praise him in siblings’ presence due to the above mentioned reasons.
22. Assign Small Projects – Assigning small projects to kids will develop sense of responsibility. You may ask them to prepare grocery list, organize their books, clean store room, cleaning bicycle or car, washing parking area, grass cutting, cleaning their room, dish washing and many other house chores.
23. Screen the screen – Know what they are watching. Even if you do not have much sense about Technology, you cannot keep your eyes closed. If you do not know what your kids are watching online, be ready for any big shock. Remember, you don’t have to be hard on your kids, yet you have to be responsible in explaining on why you need to know about their activities.
24. If you don’t teach, they will learn the harder way – Spend some time to learn on how to speak to kids on difficult topics. Due to advancement in technology, kids now have much more easy access to vulgar stuff than in the past. If you do not explain them, they will ask their adult brother – “internet” who may take them to the illicit, unethical websites.
25. Health is top most priority – Establish healthy routines at home. Practice vegetable/fruits day per week. Practice no-meat day every week. Practice no sugar-day and so on. Dedicate one hour in 2-3 days per week for physical activity. Whether indoor (exercise, table tennis etc.) or outdoor (soccer, park visit, basketball, swimming etc), physical activities are must. Remember the rule that if you spend money on fast food today, you will end up spending your money on medicines when you grow old.
26. Know their friends but don’t do strict policing – Every mother, if given a choice, would like to choose the friends as per her scrutiny however this is not how life works. Kids will choose their friends based on their interest, liking and mental comprehension. Yet, as parents, spend some time with your kids and know who their friends are, what are their interests, what family back-ground they are from, what extracurricular activities do they perform and what kind of grades they have in school. Guide your kids on how to choose their friends and why a good friend changes our life.
7 Super Powers University Students Must Have To Succeed
10 life tips for new graduates which should help you become a successful person, develop a strong character, sustain a happy soul and maintain a healthy & balanced life.
7 Critical Tips for Preparing Your Child to Be a Responsible Teenager
The best schools systems and institutes play a very vital role for the success of human beings.
If you're a parent, teaching your children how to write is an essential skill that will help them succeed in the future. This post will provide tips to improve writing skills for children of all ages. What Is A Good Writing Skill for Children? Simply put, it's one...
Is English the hardest language to learn
This article covers 7 important roles of a school principal. These are critical points for bringing excellence in a school system
How to Establish, Operate and Sustain An Orphanage Effectively – 24 Critical Points – A Full Guide
50 types of students – funny list
How Top Students Study – 12 Study Tips