With continuous increase in population on the planet and high rate of sudden death of young parents, it is imperative that new orphanages are established and operated in our societies. While most of the governments across the world are not economically strong enough to execute and sustain such projects, it is saddening to see that not many rich people pay attention to this critical social cause.
If you are reading this article and care about this cause, please try inspiring at least one rich person on earth. Even if you do not know any rich person or philanthropist in your social circle, simply share this article on your social media, because you never know who re-share / re-publish it to inspire someone somewhere. Your little effort may result in huge benefit to hundreds (or probably thousands) of orphans. Right?
Let us start the guide on how to run an orphanage
1- Land Purchase for Orphanage
- If you are planning for a small scale orphan-house, you may need a small piece of land or even using a couple of rooms in an existing home to start this amazing God-pleasing activity. Tip: Please go through the rest of the activities mentioned below and setup your orphanage.
- For a professional orphanage, if practically possible, consider buying a large size land even if you have to purchase on the outskirts of the city. Reason being, you will end up needing more space for accommodating more and more orphans pretty soon because society does not allow orphans to survive alone. If you have limited budget and cannot purchase large area, yet you should not shun your thoughts about working on this project. Just go-ahead and purchase the land whatever size falls in your budgetary range.
- Before your purchase the land, consider a solid plan on what exactly you are going to have as part of orphanage. Check out “Architecture Planning” section of this article to get more insightful approach on this subject.
2- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Explore different Sources of income. Remember the fact that you will need to have enough money for ‘Fixed’ as well as ‘Variable’ Expenses.
- Fixed expenses are the ones that you need to invest once; such as land purchase, construction, IT setup, fit out, furniture and etcetera
- Variable costs include bills, staff salaries, food, clothing, education, wear and tear of equipment and so on. Tip: Please read the fund raising section for getting more ideas on how to collect money for your project.
- An effective orphanage should work to attain the state of self-dependency instead of relying on donations. Following are some of the approaches that may be considered:
- Opening commercial shops on the ground floor of orphanage and earning rental money
- Teaching sewing skills to orphans and then selling the clothes stitched by orphans.
- It is better to do the monthly budgeting covering the costs of clothing, food, books, haircuts, washroom accessories which should be based on the number of orphans. This will help ensure better planning for meeting the financial needs of the orphanage.
- The orphanage should target to keep enough funds for at least 6 months (up to one year) though more is better (to manage unexpected needs of children)
3- Funds Raising Activities
- Use word wide famous portals such as Gofundme (or any other similar ones). Create your account and start marketing it using social media. Read this detailed article about 9 Unique Crowdfunding Platforms for Nonprofit Fundraising
- Place a donate Button on the Orphanage Website and link it with your bank or PayPal Account. Tip: If you plan to establish an orphanage or if you are already running an orphanage, please contact me to build a website for you Free of Cost.
- If you can, contact politicians, businessmen or your local government bodies to seek support for the noble cause. Share your detailed plan to convince them.
- Publish detailed financial report on the website on monthly basis. Providing transparency to the people will enable you winning the trust of people that would result in securing more funds.
- Muslims across the globe donate millions (if not billions) of dollars under zakat (Islamic mandatory annual tax for poor). So, if you are living in an Islamic country, launch a local campaign and seek help from common people.
- Search to find websites, NGOs, Facebook pages related to education, charity, orphans and donations.
4- Architecture Planning
- In order to estimate the size of the orphanage, in line with the available budget, please consider following services for Orphanage. Note: these services may not be mandatory yet good-to-consider; after all you are working on a great cause and want to give your hundred percent J
- At least one Multipurpose Hall for living (sleeping, resting, cloth keeping etc.)
- At least one multipurpose hall for Indoor activities (Sports, Dining, TV watching, etc.)
- At least one multipurpose hall for studies (Library, Study Room and Computer Room, skillset training etc.)
- One multipurpose store (for keeping food supplies, extra clothing, bed, blankets etc.)
- Adequate number of washrooms
- Prayer Room / Religious Education Room
- Other Areas (Security cabin, kitchen, laundry, store room etc.)
- Now that you have estimated the size of the orphanage, it’s time to consider other design aspects in order to finalize your planning phase. Following are the general expenses and space requirements you should be considering:
- Camera’s / CCTV deployment
- Telecom and IT setup
- Washing Machines, Cooking Range, etcetera
5- Constructing The Building
- If you have a Facebook page for your project, publish the details of your requirements on your page and request the building construction contractors to provide you the quote with minimum profit margins.
- Apart from your own Facebook page, search for the builder’s websites (in your area) or if possible visit their offices to discuss the project. Request them to provide you the best of the best quote for the construction of building. You never know, a kind-hearted developer comes up with the most suitable plan.
- If you are not construction expert, try outsourcing the project management and supervision to a company who would design the architecture, get it approved by municipality and provide on-site audit reports on weekly basis.
- Remember the fact that society is full of unethical or corrupt people hence do not get impressed by the fancy talks of the building contractors, instead build a professional detailed plan covering time based deliverables, cost of deployment, number and types of materials and monthly quality compliance reports submission.
6- Fit out setup of the Orphanage
Do not perform actions on “as you go” basis, instead spend time on planning so that you can avoid any risk of doing mistakes. For the fit-out, you need to focus on the low level details on things, their costs, their usability, warranty, design, capacity and size. Make a list of items that are critically needed, discuss with your colleagues, partners to edit and refine the list. Once finalized start working on purchasing the items. Always start with the most critical ones and avoid the least usable as much as possible. Your time, money and efforts are important so do things right from start. Following are the areas that you should be focusing on:
- Security and IT Room Setup
- Bed and Rest Hall Setup
- Gaming Area Setup
- Education and Skills Development Hall Setup
- Kitchen Setup
- Store Allocation
- Enough Power Sockets
- Shops Setup
- IT Setup
- CCTV Cameras Development
7- Marketing and Promotion
- Create a buzz in the vicinity as well as city and even country level. Broadcast pictures and videos on social media even during the planning and construction phase. Use website marketing, Facebook Page, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp etc.)
- Once operational, organize events such as “A Day in The Orphanage” or “Life of an orphanage” or “Orphanage life cycle” and invite industry icons to attend.
- Try reaching Media-houses chairmen, TV anchors and journalists, Newspapers writers and bloggers.
- Write and publish a detailed article on Quora that should link back to your website. Target to divert as much traffic to your website as possible. Remember the fact that the more traffic your website gets, the more respect from Search Engines your website earns which means you get famous soon (which is one the targets for running the orphanage)
- Maintain a Facebook page and keep publishing every day activities. Request people to share on their social media
- Hire a dedicated agent (or a permanent staff) who can establish a mailing group to broadcast news related to the orphanage, who can produce encouraging and appealing articles that can be sent to rich people of society, who can work on fund raising activities. Tip: Read social media management section of this article. [This article is about how to run an orphanage]
8- Managing Basic Needs of Orphans
- Establish a decent-size storeroom in the orphanage and keep ample supply of food, clothing, bedding, sweaters, shoes, caps, socks, pillows, blankets, note books, pencils, general stationary and etc.
- Always plan 6 months in advance for keeping the supply. In case of shortage of funds, please engage your IT team to start the campaigns (on social media or local areas) to secure funds for this.
- Please note that there would be many operational aspects that can be compromised during financial crisis. What cannot be compromised is the basic needs of the orphans (food, clothing etc.) hence careful planning need to be ensured.
9- Cleaning and Maintaining The Orphanage
- You need to hire facilities management professional who will not only take care of the premises but also ensure timely bill payment for Electricity, Internet, telephony etc.
- Maintenance, if carefully done, enhances the life of things. If washroom tiles are washed frequently, windows are cleaned frequently, refrigerators and all electrical appliances are taken care of properly, will help reducing the wear and tear. Else, you may end of replacing the stuff that would be costlier.
- Store cleaning once in a while will help avoiding loss of stuff (termites’ issues, food expiry issues, insects’ issues, odor issues and so on)
10- Addressing Educational Needs of Orphans
- Ideally speaking orphanage should sign a deal with any good schooling system to provide education to orphans either free of cost or at very nominal fee
- Orphanage should arrange the transportation for pick-up and drop of kids to/from the school. Cost for this can be saved if a nearby school is chosen.
- Kids van may be painted using meaningful messages for the society to contribute for the orphans’ education.
- Run a campaign on the orphanage website and request the community to provide their old books so that orphans can get benefit from those books. These can be curriculum books or any general knowledge ones.
- If there are computers available in the orphanage, dedicate one to two hours every day during which children should visits the mathematics and online kids’ learning websites. Remember there are wide variety of websites where kids can learn, play and collaborate.
11- Future Planning of Orphans
- Work with mainstream colleges and universities and request them to offer scholarships for the bright students.
- Request the institutes to allocate quota for the orphans
- Ask the orphans to support the orphanage when they become professionals.
- Check out the “Campaign” section of this article on how you can work on prosperous future of the orphans through community support.
- Visit local markets and shops and request the business owners to hire their staff from the orphanage. Note: Consider age restriction laws of your country.
12- Engaging Orphans in Sports and Physical Activities
- Indoor Games such as Chess, scrabble, checkers, carom-board, table tennis, etc. do not require a lot of investments. Consider these games for the kids.
- Brain games should also be planned. With the advancement of technology, several games on logic, town trivia, planning and strategy are available on Windows platform, IOS and Google Play Store.
- In order to keep orphans abreast of latest enhancement educational games should also be promoted. To make the learning process more interesting and worthwhile, frequent competitions to be held across different groups of students.
- Nothing can beat the effectiveness of outdoor activities as it builds confidence, enhances patience, promotes mental and physical heal and improves inter-personal relationships. So, if enough space is available within the orphanage area or if play grounds are nearby, it is highly recommended to take the orphans to such places frequently.
13- Website Establishment and Professional Email address
- Website development typically involves following:
- Domain Name Finalization – [example: orphansfuture.com]. Domains can be purchased from any registrar such as Godaddy or namecheap
- Hosting – Online computer (aka ‘cloud’) where the website contents will be placed. Usually hosting is available from $3 to $10 per month from many service providers.
- Website development – The process of website creation is called website development. Typically, it involves design (look and feel), contents, picture, videos etc. As I mentioned above, if you intend to work on an orphanage project please contact me and I will be happy to create a website for you free of cost.
14- Social Media Management
- In order to run an effective Orphanage, it is recommended that you hire a person who takes care of IT needs of the orphanage. This includes Social Media Accounts management such as posting picture and articles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. More and more updates on social media helps attract more audience which will be beneficial for the orphanage in terms of getting more funds and local support.
- The IT staff should also be working to create mailing groups and establishing Email Listing in order to broadcast the orphanage pictures so that more and more people are engaged and encouraged to provide financial support.
15- Skills and Training of Orphans
- This is one of the most critical points in my opinion. An orphanage should not be limited to taking care of shelter and food for orphans, instead there has to be a solid vision followed by proper planning to transform an orphan into a useful society member. This means, there should be focus on Technical, Educational, futuristic aspects for each orphan. Based on orphans’ age, they should be taught different skills (electricity, plumbing, blogging, sewing and so on). Some skills can be taught in-house (cognitive skills, internet exposure, English speaking, sewing etc. whereas advanced skills (wiring, plumbing, garage) can be taught through professional schools.
- There are many free online learning tools (trainings, detailed videos, certifications etc.) Orphans should be encouraged to learn and polish their skills.
- Orphanage team should work with Government entities, Schools and local NGOs who can sponsor orphans for their skills development
16- Integration with NGOs
- Plan to work closely with other NGOs.
- Check what other services other NGOs are offering that you should be adding to your portfolio.
- Offer services to other NGOs that you are good at.
- Plan day-out events with different orphanages
- Collaborate on the fund-raising activities
- Promote each other’s events on the respective websites and increase the foot-print on internet.
- If you have received extra donations in your store, share with them
- Arrange staff meetings on both sides and see what skills can be learnt and taught to each other
- You are reading How to Establish, Operate and Sustain An Orphanage Effectively – 24 Critical Points – A Full Guide
17- Orphan Adoption System
- There are thousands of people who would like to adopt orphans. Your website should help them on this matter. As explained in the “Campaigns’ and “Orphans Specific Record Management” sections of this article, the website should have detailed information about the orphans. This will encourage people to adopt orphans.
- With you love and care, an orphan becomes more ‘attractive’ (in terms of manners, outlook and speech) consequently it is high likely that he/she will be adopted by a decent family.
- Before handing over of an orphan, you need to demand certain documentation from the new ‘parents’. This should include local police clearance certificate, identity cards of the parents and their home address. This is for your record management that the orphan was handed over with preliminary checks.
- At the time of handover, you need to get sign-off on a formal paper that the orphan was in good health at the time of handover. This paper should have general instructions on what need to be taken care of after the adoption is completed. (this does not have to be complex, yet precise)
18- Registration Process with Respective Authorities
- In order to avoid any tax conflict or any audit by municipality, consult the right people in your community. Acquire the right information about registration process and initiate the process at early stage.
- You may visit any existing orphanage to gather information and to seek guidance.
19- Staff Hiring Consideration
- Some of the vital staffs that you need are Security Guard, IT person, Facility Management person, Cook, Cleaning worker and driver (optional).
- While a staff is supposed to be professional with a proof of specific skillset and work experience, it is recommended that certain qualities such as kindheartedness, high EQ, good empathy levels are considered since interaction with orphans is a job that requires cleanliness of heart & soul and a lot of patience and persistence. People with soft-heart are the best ones for such roles. Remember the fact that orphans are less fortunate members of society and may have not learnt the ethics and manners so, they need to be treated softly permanently. Hence a hard-nature person may not fit well in the orphanage.
20- Donation Boxes Installation
- If it requires permission from your local town authority, get the necessary approvals done and place a donation box in front of Orphanage and if possible, try installing at multiple locations within your vicinity. You will be surprised to receive a lot clothes, toys, gifts and books from your local community.
- Clearly mention on the donation box about what is expected from the community in terms of donations (books, toys, shoes, clothes etc.) and what is prohibited (under garments, food items, liquid products etc.)
21- Campaigns Management
- Adopt an orphan – From an orphan’s perspective, nothing can replace the benefits of a proper home. It will be a great achievement if you are able to find a caring family for an orphan. Hence, as much as possible, strive to find a good home for each of your orphans. On your website, publish full records and pictures of your orphans that will help people adopt the orphans. Proper social media campaigns, print media campaigns, local new paper advertisement and possible ways to promote such campaigns should be considered.
- Feed an orphan – There could be many people who cannot take an orphan to their home, yet they have a big heart to take the ownership of orphan’s food. Create and Run a campaign on the website where full details of the food requirements for an orphan is published (example: x liters of milk, 10-15 meals a week each costing 1$ etc.) Encourage people to opt in monthly contribution through Patreon or any similar service through which you are able to receive monthly donations.
- Educate an orphan – Similar to the “Feed and orphan” campaign, publish the educational needs of different categories of orphans and seek support from Educating an Orphan Campaign. One of the most important visions you should have is to secure the future of orphans through best-in-class education support.
22- Orphan Specific Record Management
Maintaining orphan’s record should be done with care.
- Basic Records
- Date on which orphan joined
- Fresh Picture (and annual pictures)
- Prepare a detailed document about the orphan (who brought him/her to the orphanage, what was his condition, any health test was done, any vaccination was done, any abnormality observed)
- Registration of Orphan with Government
- Check local laws on how to register the orphans. Do whatever is needful
- Apply for national identity card
- Detailed Records Management
- Try to update the records on monthly basis (preferably in digital file) for everything related to each orphan. Make proper excel files about what a specific orphan likes or dislikes, what are his personality traits etc. This records will you plan for his future. Also will help you to finding a good family for adoption.
23- Expense Check List for Orphan
Try to create a dedicated page on your website where you can publish monthly charges per orphan. Please note that there are many wealthy people who would love to provide monthly donations based on per-orphan-expenses. There could be many kind hearted people who cannot adopt an orphan but they can sponsor a specific number of orphans. The more detailed information you are able to provide on your website, the more confidence and trust you develop with philanthropists. If possible, publish monthly reports on the website and try to send these reports to all the sponsors to let them feel great about what they are doing. This will encourage them as well as others to contribute more towards this noble cause.
24- Sustaining an Orphanage
Great projects must be sustained for longer. Sustaining an orphanage is all about availability of enough cash (for at least one year) and commitment of the orphanage owner or executive committee. Following are some recommendations on this subject.
- Monthly cash flow report must be reviewed. This includes detailed analysis as well as audit of expenses
- Always find better ways to control the expenses (buying stuff in bulk, finding cheap but qualitative suppliers), signing yearly contracts with suppliers.
- Keep searching for sponsors for different categories of expenses. For example: search of a company that has Corporate Social Responsibility Policy to support noble causes. Contact them and ask them to sponsor the food expenses for one year. Find another company that can take care of clothes requirements of the orphans. Contact a mattress company and request them to sponsor 10-20 mattresses and so on.
- Keep on finding ways on how to establish a self-sustaining orphanage. How the orphanage can produce revenue (such as renting out space for shop, sewing clothes and selling, making footballs, Online teaching, website development and so on.
- Story - Dining In The Dark - 3 Lessons | Better Schools Better Nations - […] love and support. Being healthy is a great gift of God and it will be unfair if we do…
Submit a Comment
Is Engineering Still in Demand or Losing Its Appeal?
Students are no longer interested in pursuing a career in engineering, despite the fact that it has always been the most common field in the country. Let's look at 3 factors that determine whether engineering is still in demand or losing favor. Is Engineering Still in...
Guide to Crack Interviews at Best BTech Colleges
The AI and DS sectors are expanding. Although the main concern of employers right now is the candidates' employability as opportunities for people looking for work in this industry are also expanding. The following advice can help you improve your employability and...
5 Causes of Neck Pain in Students And Their Treatments
Neck pain is a common issue among students due to poor posture, stress, muscle strain or injury. Neglecting it can lead to chronic pain affecting daily life. However, diagnosis, causes, proper care and treatment using neck pain pillows can manage it. In this article,...
3 Most Common Misconceptions About Studying Abroad
3 Most Common Misconceptions About Studying Abroad Leaving your country to go abroad and complete your higher study is a tough task. No one wants to go far away from their friends or family. However, in order to achieve something, in order to start a new move you have...
India – Top Ranked Engineering Colleges Offering Exceptional B. Tech Programs
A bachelor of technology is an engineering degree designed for enthusiastic engineering students. The engineering craze among youngsters is palpable. After completing their 12th-grade schooling, the majority of science stream students who want to pursue engineering...
How Digitization and Technology are Shaping Education System in India
E-learning has developed a new learning mechanism for the education sector. The advent of the Pandemic has emphasized the need for a virtual classroom system strongly. Initially, It started as an alternative to the manual management system to sustain the continuity of...
11 Tricks to Motivate Students Outside the Classroom
Teachers all over the world face the challenge of motivating their students. Students' motivation can make a difference between a successful learning experience and failure. However, it can be challenging to motivate students who grow up in a world that thrives on...
Top 7 Ways to Stop Procrastinating
When it comes to being a top-notch student, there are many obstacles that can get in your way. Friends can drop by at any time, steering you away from your to-do list for school. You may get caught up in outside obligations, including sports, clubs, a job, or...
Why Your Kid Should Be Active and 7 Tips To Achieve This
Children are always active. Either playing or fidgeting or running from one place to another. And honestly, this is a good thing. Participating in physical activities is known to improve the overall mental and physical development of the child. And this doesn’t need...
10 Big Reasons why Indian Students Choose to Study Abroad
It is an absolute reality that the quality of Education in Abroad is way better than India. Moreover, Studying in abroad is captivating as it offers well paid jobs, better facilities and a great lifestyle. It also generates better future opportunities that you may not...
How To Get Your Kids To Cut Costs
Saving money is a skill that is important in life, but it is not always simple to do. Families may have valid, significant justifications for why it's crucial to encourage young children to develop saving habits right from the very beginning. When it comes to...
How does bullying affect your child’s psychology?
Everyone has been there. On the playground, one girl snatches another girl's hair and pulls her off the swing. The lunchroom in which, "the cruel child" knocks over a younger boy's tray, causing his food to fall out. In the classroom, a group of students mocks...
Can Video Games Be Productive For Students?
Parents are quick to distrust the capability of video games. As parents, you may think that video games are just for leisure and ruin education. You fear that video games might divert your childs’ attention or make them dumb. Little do you realize that video games may...
How Technology and the Internet Affect Children’s Development￼
Many are asking questions about how the internet and emerging technologies affect children's development. We live in a digital world, with numerous people relying on their phones to manage everything from banking to finding a date. And with one-in-three American...
4 Helpful Points for Free Homeschool
By Jade Stafford, 2cool4school Inc. Have you been toying with the idea of homeschooling your child(ren) but unsure if it financially makes sense to do so? Homeschooling can definitely get pricey when you’re buying books, school supplies and additional resources for...
What Is More Important Play Or Study?
What is more important play or study? In our modern world, many parents struggle with deciding which is more important for their kids - Hands-on learning, Nature time, or studying? choose between the two - but it is essential to remember the benefits of each. Hands-on...
What Expectations Do You Have From The School?
Everyone has different expectations from schools. Some are concerned about quality of education, some have grave concerns on discipline management, others are complaining about high school fee and the list goes on! This article summarizes the feedback from different...
17 Recommendation to Manage Negative Thinking In Kids
Positive and forward thinking is one of the key elements of strong character. However, sometimes, kids' thought processes get impacted due to several external factors such as too much of online games of aggression, poor relationship of parents, stressful home...
Download 32 Points School Ranking Checklist
With so many choices out there, it is not easy to finalize the right school for your kids. With continuous evolution in education industry, every school comes up with a new feature to attract parents. Sometimes these features create sudden spark and as a result of...
Comparison of Convergent and Divergent Students
What is Convergent and Divergent Thinking Convergent Thinking means that you observe something and exert your entire focus on that observation. Whereas Divergent Thinking means that the moment you observe something, your brain starts exploring on all the associated...
￼5 Tutoring Programs that Can Benefit Your Kiddos
Giving your kids the tools they'll need is every parent's dream. The only thing you have to figure out is which tools will prove vital to your children's future. The following are 5 Tutoring Programs that Can Benefit Your Kiddos. 5 Tutoring Programs that Can Benefit...
5 Whys Principle For Analytical Thinking Skill
Analytical thinking plays a vital role in character development and decision making. Teens who develop analytical thinking at an early stage have a stronger possibility to become future thought leaders. Analytical thinking has several benefits such as: 1-...
21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job
Either you are a college student or a recent graduate, finding a job requires unique efforts combined with specific skillset. This article provides 21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job 21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job 1- Create a...
7 Graphics Tools Students Can Use to Make Money
A graphic designer visualizes the concepts and produces a ‘hard’ copy of the thoughts in digital format or paper sketch with the purpose of inspiring someone, generating a sale, motivating a customer, attracting the reader or simply conveying a message to its...
Top 10 New Year Resolutions for Students
A New Year's resolution is a self commitment that you will make to achieve personal goals, complete certain project or reform a bad habit. This commitment will be your driving force to consistently exert efforts throughout the year in order for achieve what you want...
Training – Introduction to Data Analysis
According to QuestionPro, Data analysis is the science of examining a set of data to draw conclusions about the information to be able to make decisions or simply to expand the knowledge on various subjects. It consists of subjecting data to operations...
Training – Digital Freelancer
According to Reliablesoft, Freelance digital marketing is the name given to marketing professionals who offer freelancing services to clients. Digital marketing freelancers usually work from home and help companies with various digital marketing related tasks....
Training – Business Analytics
As per hbs, Business analytics is concerned with extracting meaningful insights from and visualizing data to facilitate the decision-making process, whereas data science is focused on making sense of raw data using algorithms, statistical models, and computer...
Training – Introduction To Programming
According to Mikkegoes, Each programming language is simply a means to tell a computer what it should do. It’s a language your computer understands and knows how to process. When you learn a specific programming language, it’s a lot like learning any other...
Training – Android Basics By Google
Introduction - Android Basics By Google According to JobHero and android developer is What is an Android Developer? An Android Developer is a Software Developer who specializes in designing applications for the Android...
Training – Self Driving Cars
This training is offered by Udacity Introduction - Self Driving Cars According to caranddriver a self-driving car is a type of vehicle that does not need a person to operate it. Instead, It uses advanced sensory technology like lidar, sonar, GPS, radar, or odometry...
5 Guiding Principles Of A Purposeful Life
One of the key success factors of effective parenting is how much guidance you have provided to your children for living a purposeful life. A purposeful living means that your children's vision and their thinking pattern is...
The One and Only Cause of Failures
I know the status of a man, God blessed him a healthy body and brain with - however he could not succeed in life. Whatever he started, he ended up failing it. Ultimately he lost his mental balance. With such a state of mind, he started wandering on the roads and...
70 Personality Attributes for Growth and Happiness
Love and happiness are two most critical ingredients of a successful life. In order to attain the state of a satisfied and successful life, many wise people believe that every human has to achieve and sustain high index in familial, financial, emotional, occupational,...
8 Levels of Personality – A Life Changing Guide
One of the great philosophers of recent times has incredibly explained 8 types of personalities in the world. The classification has been done based on the type of pursuits these 8 kinds of people strive for. Regardless of what age you are at, this article about "8...
10 Ways You Can Help Your Kids Improve Their Self-Management Skills
Self-management is the act of controlling oneself. With self-management, kids should learn to take responsibility for themselves and regulate their activities, thoughts, emotions, and behavior to achieve desired results. Kids who learn these skills may be better able...
10 Tips to Keep Your Children Engaged And Away From Screens
If you have kids, you know that keeping them away from screens can be hard. They love their gadgets, and they want to use them all the time. Though there are benefits to having children spend time on screens and using technology, there are also drawbacks. Children who...
Life Lesson from my 3 Years Old Daughter
Achieving happiness in life is linked with maintaining healthy relationships with our loved ones. In this short story i am sharing a Life Lesson from my 3 Years Old Daughter Story - Life Lesson from my 3 Years Old Daughter Yesterday morning while getting ready for...
17 Ways Students Can Make Their Parents Feel Great
The parents now a days are quite worried about the behavioral changes in their children due to several socio-economical reasons. The gap between parents and youth is increasing day by day due to which the family bonding is getting weaker and weaker. [ This article is...
Story – Dining In the Dark – 3 Lessons
I was invited to one Friday evening event by one of MNC Vendor organization who had organized the event to raise funds for the visually handicapped people in a center for blind people. As usual, since it was a Friday evening, I first thought to skip the event...
5 Reasons Why an International School is Best For Your Kid
All parents want the best for their kid. All kids have the right to a bright and promising future. This is something that all parents should always secure. Ensuring this can be a little tricky for parents that move from one country to another. It’s a good thing that...
How does society affect the learning environment?
Education plays a key role in structuring and shaping up society. It empowers individuals to adapt to social change. And supports them to play their varied roles efficiently. There is a strong influence of society on the educational structure. And it...
13 Life Skills That Are Not Taught At Schools
Schools play vital role in upbringing the kids and help them become best of human beings. However, the role of schools has widely been limited to professional knowledge and help earning money. Auther of this article has listed down and elaborated 13 life skills that...
What 5 Good Things You Can Do For Orphans?
If all children between 0 and 18 years of age who have lost one or both parents are con- sidered orphans, the number of orphans in the world today is estimated to be over 140 million. Here is another reference from UNICEF. This article is trying to ignite your...
Story – Success Tip For New Graduates
This short story article provides success tip to new graduates. If it is understood and praticed, will enable today's youth to get closer to success by a large extent. Story - Success Tip For New Graduates Moiz, my 4 years son, was gifted with a new toy car from his...
This is really helpful it as taught me a lot on how I can run my orphanage thank you very much
Thank you Emmanuel. Glad to know that.
Hello Mr Emma morning
This is kabyemera Franco founder baaco organization
Please I would request to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
tips were very useful, thank you. God bless you
Thank you Esther!
I read everything very carefully, I truly plan to start an orphanage soon and pray these directions lead us all to a great destiny.
Hi Dannielle, that’s great!
Please let me know if you want me to create a free website for your orphanage.
please may God bless you. I read it from start to end carefully and I call this an answered prayer for “kikiji national orphanage Centre-south Sudan.
Actually, the instructions it’s so helpful, stay blessed for your lovely heart and inspiration
Thank you Patali. Let us spread the good with family, friends and colleagues 🙂
Dear Ma’am or Sir
I hope this email finds you well , I was wondering around in the internet looking for help on how to get my orphanage on its feet and your help appeared . I keep the children that I adopt at my house but it is not convenient because it is my home. However helping children was always in me and I hope that you can find a way to help me get even if it is small place where I can start everything.
I would appreciate your time and consideration , hope to hear from you very soon, Thank you.
Hello, God bless you for the right up so inspiring.
Thank you Rhema
God bless you too for taking time to read it and providing me feedback. We need to inspire more people to work on this noble and social cause. so let us spread the word 🙂
Dear Sir. Please consider my request.
Regards, Alice R
Sure Alice Rafiki,
I can create your website free of cost for your orphange.
For the website, Kindly note that I will not charge one single dollar to create the website. the only charges that you have to pay are;
1 – Purchasing domain name:
domain name is the name of your orphanage. For example http://www.alicerafikiorphanage.com
In order to purchase a domain name you can visit different kinds of websites… The cheapest website that sells domain names is namecheap.com you can visit this website and check the price for the domain name that you would like to have for your orphanage. Payments will be done by you to namecheap directly, which means I will not get any money.
2- Hosting Fee:
Two kinds of hosting are famous:
1- Google hosting: Hosting is free; however the website design will be basic. You can see some templates Blogger templates 2022 – BTemplates
2- WordPress hosting is around 30-40 USD per year. However, you can do a lot of tweaking, marketing, advanced search engine optimization. If you want to purchase hosting, I suggest namecheap.com because it’s very cost effective.
Please contact me privately, once you decide on point 1 and point 2 and I will design the website for you free of cost.
I read through your guide which was very informative.
The country I come from Papua New Guinea does not have an orphanage. I worry given that our country is a developing country and with the current economic struggles, alot of children might end up homeless, uneducated or hungry because their parents cannot sustain them. I understand that an orphanage only caters for children with certain circumstances and would like to work towards starting one for our community.
I can honestly say I have no child care certification or qyualification nor a social worker, however, I have the heart and determination to take the next step and start something that will help the children of my country who do not have a home or privileges as those who have a home.
Most of the information on the guide I understand, however, I need more information on the following:
1. How we take in an orphan (under what circumstances) and register his or her information in our records.
2. Is there a online system or software yiu can recommend that can cater for registration of an orphan backed up with our server or database.
3. How long can we cater for an orphan (age)?
4. How do we secure a good family for an orphan? What are the steps or procedures to ensuring that we are releasing a child into a safe home?
5. Is there any proposal template that you can forward for me to use.
Appreciate your feedback.
Thank you for contacting me.
First of all, I am really glad that you have made a decision towards establishing this child care facility. I can clearly see that you have the heart, soul and passion to do this. I wish and pray for your success. Honestly speaking, I do not have practical experience on this subject as I come from Pakistan where we have extremely limited facilities for orphans. However, I would like to give you my feedback and offer you some help (if you need), of course free of charge 🙂
Is there an online system or software you can recommend that can cater for registration of an orphan backed up with our server or database?
I am not aware of any online system however, I can connect you with someone who can create an Android app for you that will take inputs (text, pictures, audio files etc) and save the data to your server. You can use this app on an Android Tab.
Do you have an existing website and storage available? Or maybe you can purchase from online sources.
Some years ago, someone created apps for me which you can see on Google Store . The charges are usually $20 to $50 If you are short of budget, I can create an excel template for you (free of charge) and you can start saving the individual records of each individual in your personal computer and later upload it to online server when you are able to afford
How long can we cater for an orphan (age)?
This depends on the country’s laws on what age a boy can start making money. Usually it should be 16 years of age. By this time, you should already have encouraged the kid to start thinking about his bread and butter. There are several ways people are earning money online. By providing the basic IT resources (laptop or internet) you can encourage kids to start working towards that. Once he is able to earn xx USD per month, let him move out of the orphanage. You may want to further encourage him to take admission in college / university where he can shift to hostels. I am sure there will be some NGOs and individuals who will support child education. You may want to integrate your institute with such NGOs. Further, you may want to place an advertisement on your website by posting the kids’ pictures, school result cards and ask people to support the higher education of this kid. Some nice attractive templates can be used for this purpose
How do we secure a good family for an orphan? What are the steps or procedures to ensuring that we are releasing a child into a safe home?
– Empathic parents (can be assessed via a formal interview)
– Willing to learn, willing to tolerate
– financially stable
– check out this resource
Is there any proposal template that you can forward me to use?
I can create one for you in Microsoft Excel. Let me know which template you want:
– Child onboarding (registering)
– Parent Registering
– Child Adoption
I hope my feedback will be helpful for you. If you have any further questions or need any assistance, please do contact me via email.
Salaam Walaikum Junaid,
Thank you so much for the detailed information on opening an orphanage. This has been my most passionate desire for many years, but life got in the way of making it happen, however now I have much time and In Shaa Allah the resources to make it happen. I would like to open one in a Muslim country if possible. Could you let me know what is the situation in Pakistan for such a venture, since you said you are from Pakistan. There are so many Syrian, Yemeni, and other Muslim orphans that need help immediately, so if you know anything about opening one in one of these countries or neighboring ones that have refugees from these countries please let me know. Any information at all will be very helpful.
Please contact me and let me know where an how I should start. May Allah bless you with enormous rewards both here and the hereafter. Thank you for the much needed work you are doing and giving your time to.
Walaikum Salam Safia.
Thank you for reaching out to me and sharing your vision for this mission.
I have sent you some guiding principles via email. Happy to assist you further.
May Allah bless you!