Corona has disturbed the education ecosystem as a result of which several problems of online classes have emerged. Schools have adopted online methods of teaching however there are numerous critical problems associated with this approach. It is important that institutions, in collaboration with parents and respective stakeholders, work tirelessly to come up with strategies and action plans to resolve (or reduce the impact of ) these challenges. Below is a list of 24 problems of online classes
24 Disadvantages of Online Classes (E-Learning)
- Teachers cannot see what students are doing which directly impacts the quality of education as teachers cannot supervise the students properly.
- During normal school hours kids do a lot of physical movement in breaks whereas during online classes no major physical activity happens which leads to kids’ health issues.
- Kids learn a lot from each other when they socialize in school. Socializing results in exchange of information and ideas, establishes mutual trust and emotional bonding with each other and improves several personality traits. Online classes directly impact the grooming of kids.
- Due to continuous sitting in front of the screen, kids’ eyesight gets impacted or may lead to back issues due to extended sitting in the same posture.
- Families with more than one kid have to purchase additional tabs or computers which is a major cost for many middle-class parents.
- Many parents and kids have to face IT and network related problems. Families that do not have much exposure to technology suffer a lot due to this.
- Teachers cannot judge the level of comprehension of students and sometimes unable to provide ‘additional’ explanations to students. Usually, in regular classroom teaching, teachers can easily judge if the students are not grasping the concepts and he/she can exert extra efforts to let kids fathom the concepts.
- Many schools do not have a mechanism to check online homework. Teachers cannot check students’ textbooks, copy books and work books . Many students take ‘advantage’ of this and do not complete home assignments.
- Students may not follow instructions and rules and do not comply, knowing that school can’t do anything.
- Students and parents are not comfortable with the new ways of class tests and have to put extra effort into learning new mechanisms.
- Some students can easily deceive the exam system and take help from their siblings to pass the exam.
- Students can easily skip classes. Even if the teacher takes the attendance at start, it is quite easy for student to miss it for the rest of the class tenure
- Due to no interaction with class fellowes, students get bored which leads to distraction from study
- Students can play online games or watch videos while being ‘present’ in online class.
- Students may get distracted due to mic issues, speakers issues or other computer issues [such as patch upgrades, software restart etc]
- Students may take extended breaks for water or for washroom which may result in missing important parts of lessons.
- Since the students do not have to wake up early and get ready for school, they tend to sleep late which makes them dizzy during the class. Some students may fall asleep during the class. Sleeping late also impacts their health.
- Many students cannot practice what the teacher has taught. This lowers their graph of learning.
- Students do not get personal attention from the teacher in general and for specific problems.
- Some teachers do not produce qualitative presentations for kids to elaborate the contents.
- Students keep calling their parents for many small matters which creates stress for the parents.
- If one sibling makes noise, others can no longer pay attention to their classes. Small/medium size homes do not have adequate numbers of rooms to manage this.
- Some schools are charging extra fees for the online softwares, apps development and other IT services which is an additional burden on parents.
- To provide comfortable learning environments, students need a dedicated study table and overall setup. Families with 2 or more kids cannot purchase and manage extra furniture due to space and money constraints.
6 Advantages of Online Classes (E-Learning)
- Parents do not have to worry about making their kids ready for school early morning. They don’t need to make sure if the uniform is pressed, the kids’ school bag is ready and their lunch box is packed.
- Parents can monitor how their child is studying in the class. How much does he/she participate in the class. Parents can also get a feeling on how other students are responding in the class. This gives them an idea on how much extra efforts are needed for their kids to cover the gap, if any.
- Parents save money for not purchasing uniforms, for not paying school bus fees, for not filling the petrol / gasoline and not giving pocket money for the lunch.
- Parents do not have to worry about what kids eat from school canteen as they can serve homemade food to their loved ones.
- Students are free during the breaks in which they can spend time with parents or can do anything they like.
- While staying home, kids don’t get bullied which is a sigh of relief for some of the parents.
Additional resources: Disadvantages of online learning
Congratulations on opening a new school! We understand that this can be an exciting and busy time, so we’ve put together a checklist to help you stay organized and ensure a smooth start. 38 Points Checklist for Opening a New School
AI has undeniably revolutionized various sectors, including education, but it is important to acknowledge that there can be some negative impacts as well. 5 Negative Impacts of AI on Education
Children are the future of our society, and it is crucial to address and resolve the social issues they face. 10 Critical Social Problems of Children To Fix
Benefits of Implementing a School Management System. Benefits of Implementing a School Management System
A solid understanding of technology will enable students to position themselves for a successful and prosperous career in a variety of industries. Top 10 IT Skills for Students
Life skills are abilities and skills that you can use throughout your life, including after graduating. In this blog article, we outline ten important life skills for university students
lack of knowledge about speech therapy shouldn’t stop you from pursuing the help your child needs. Before reaching out to a speech therapist, read these answers from All Good Schools
Students are no longer interested in pursuing a career in engineering, despite the fact that it has always been the most common field in the country. Let’s look at 3 factors that determine whether engineering is still in demand or losing favor. Is Engineering Still in Demand or Losing Its Appeal?
Guide to Crack Interviews at Best BTech Colleges. if you’ve already been invited for a campus interview in the best colleges for BTech, be sure you prepare beforehand with your teachers to successfully ace the interview and grab the job
5 Causes of Neck Pain in Students And Their Treatments. Treatment options include pain medication, physical therapy, heat or ice therapy, massage therapy, and the use of supportive pillows and cushions.
3 Most Common Misconceptions About Studying Abroad. Leaving your country to go abroad and complete your higher study is a tough task. No one wants to go far away from their friends or family.
India – Top Ranked Engineering Colleges Offering Exceptional B. Tech Programs. b tech colleges near me, best engineering colleges for btech in up, colleges in greater noida for btech.
Digital Transformation is one of the prime goals of the Current Incumbent Government of India. How Digitization and Technology are Shaping Education System in India
Teachers all over the world face the challenge of motivating their students. 11 Tricks to Motivate Students Outside the Classroom
When it comes to being a top-notch student, there are many obstacles that can get in your way. Friends can drop by at any time, steering you away from your to-do list for school. Top 7 Ways to Stop Procrastinating
In a nutshell, a great school is one that provides an inclusive, safe, and nurturing environment where students can thrive academically, emotionally, and socially. It is characterized by engaged and passionate educators, high academic standards, a diverse and...
Leaving No Child Behind - Extending Quality Education to Orphans Introduction The Impact of Orphanhood on Education Emotional and psychological obstacles faced by orphans Disruptions in educational continuity Lack of financial resources and support...
As busy parents, it can be difficult to find time to stay organized, but it is possible. With a few simple tips and tricks, you can get your family back on track and save money while doing so. All Good Schools has compiled these 7 Cost-Efficient Organization Tips for...
Introduction In today's digital age, it is becoming more and more crucial to teach kids how to code. It provides them with fundamental abilities that are useful for problem-solving, logical reasoning, divergent thinking and creativity in addition to being pertinent to...
The qualities of the best students can vary depending on personal and cultural perspectives. Exceptional students stand out not only for their academic achievements but also for their unique qualities that set them apart from their peers. While these qualities can...
Congratulations on opening a new school! We understand that this can be an exciting and busy time, so we've put together a checklist to help you stay organized and ensure a smooth start. Here's a compiled list of 65 Points Checklist for Opening a New School 65 Points...
Children are the future of our society, and it is crucial to address and resolve the social issues they face. By working together, we can create a better environment for our kids to flourish. Here are 10 Critical Social Problems of Children To Fix. 1- Bullying 2-...
IntroductionDefinition of a School Management SystemHistorical Background of School Management SystemsPurpose of the ArticleSection 1: Improved Student PerformanceSection 2: Streamlined Administrative TasksSection 3: Better Communication and CollaborationSection 4:...