Corona has disturbed the education ecosystem as a result of which several problems of online classes have emerged. Schools have adopted online methods of teaching however there are numerous critical problems associated with this approach. It is important that institutions, in collaboration with parents and respective stakeholders, work tirelessly to come up with strategies and action plans to resolve (or reduce the impact of ) these challenges. Below is a list of 24 problems of online classes
24 Disadvantages of Online Classes (E-Learning)
- Teachers cannot see what students are doing which directly impacts the quality of education as teachers cannot supervise the students properly.
- During normal school hours kids do a lot of physical movement in breaks whereas during online classes no major physical activity happens which leads to kids’ health issues.
- Kids learn a lot from each other when they socialize in school. Socializing results in exchange of information and ideas, establishes mutual trust and emotional bonding with each other and improves several personality traits. Online classes directly impact the grooming of kids.
- Due to continuous sitting in front of the screen, kids’ eyesight gets impacted or may lead to back issues due to extended sitting in the same posture.
- Families with more than one kid have to purchase additional tabs or computers which is a major cost for many middle-class parents.
- Many parents and kids have to face IT and network related problems. Families that do not have much exposure to technology suffer a lot due to this.
- Teachers cannot judge the level of comprehension of students and sometimes unable to provide ‘additional’ explanations to students. Usually, in regular classroom teaching, teachers can easily judge if the students are not grasping the concepts and he/she can exert extra efforts to let kids fathom the concepts.
- Many schools do not have a mechanism to check online homework. Teachers cannot check students’ textbooks, copy books and work books . Many students take ‘advantage’ of this and do not complete home assignments.
- Students may not follow instructions and rules and do not comply, knowing that school can’t do anything.
- Students and parents are not comfortable with the new ways of class tests and have to put extra effort into learning new mechanisms.
- Some students can easily deceive the exam system and take help from their siblings to pass the exam.
- Students can easily skip classes. Even if the teacher takes the attendance at start, it is quite easy for student to miss it for the rest of the class tenure
- Due to no interaction with class fellowes, students get bored which leads to distraction from study
- Students can play online games or watch videos while being ‘present’ in online class.
- Students may get distracted due to mic issues, speakers issues or other computer issues [such as patch upgrades, software restart etc]
- Students may take extended breaks for water or for washroom which may result in missing important parts of lessons.
- Since the students do not have to wake up early and get ready for school, they tend to sleep late which makes them dizzy during the class. Some students may fall asleep during the class. Sleeping late also impacts their health.
- Many students cannot practice what the teacher has taught. This lowers their graph of learning.
- Students do not get personal attention from the teacher in general and for specific problems.
- Some teachers do not produce qualitative presentations for kids to elaborate the contents.
- Students keep calling their parents for many small matters which creates stress for the parents.
- If one sibling makes noise, others can no longer pay attention to their classes. Small/medium size homes do not have adequate numbers of rooms to manage this.
- Some schools are charging extra fees for the online softwares, apps development and other IT services which is an additional burden on parents.
- To provide comfortable learning environments, students need a dedicated study table and overall setup. Families with 2 or more kids cannot purchase and manage extra furniture due to space and money constraints.
6 Advantages of Online Classes (E-Learning)
- Parents do not have to worry about making their kids ready for school early morning. They don’t need to make sure if the uniform is pressed, the kids’ school bag is ready and their lunch box is packed.
- Parents can monitor how their child is studying in the class. How much does he/she participate in the class. Parents can also get a feeling on how other students are responding in the class. This gives them an idea on how much extra efforts are needed for their kids to cover the gap, if any.
- Parents save money for not purchasing uniforms, for not paying school bus fees, for not filling the petrol / gasoline and not giving pocket money for the lunch.
- Parents do not have to worry about what kids eat from school canteen as they can serve homemade food to their loved ones.
- Students are free during the breaks in which they can spend time with parents or can do anything they like.
- While staying home, kids don’t get bullied which is a sigh of relief for some of the parents.
Additional resources: Disadvantages of online learning
Giving your kids the tools they’ll need is every parent’s dream. The only thing you have to figure out is which tools will prove vital to your children’s future. The following are 5 Tutoring Programs that Can Benefit Your Kiddos
Analytical thinking plays vital role in character development and decision making. Teens who develop analytical thinking at early stage have stronger possibility to become future thought leaders. 5 Whys Principle For Analytical Thinking Skill
Either you are a college student or a recent graduate, you need money and professional experience. 21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job
A graphic designer visualizes the concepts and produces a ‘hard’ copy of the thoughts in digital format or paper sketch with the purpose of inspiring someone, generating a sale, motivating a customer, attracting the reader or simply conveying a message to its audience. 7 Graphics Tools Students Can Use to Make Money
A New Year’s resolution is a self commitment that a person makes to achieve personal goals, projects, or reforming of a bad habit. Top 10 New Year Resolutions for Students
Data analysis is the science of examining a set of data to draw conclusions about the information to be able to make decisions or simply to expand the knowledge on various subjects. Training – Introduction to Data Analysis
Meet the growing demand for digital freelancers by building your personal brand and starting a successful online business Training – Digital Freelancer
This program is an excellent program for non-technical people who want to make more data driven decisions. Training – Business Analytics
Intro to Programming is your first step towards careers in Web and App Development, Machine Learning, Data Science, AI, and more! This program is perfect for beginners. Training – Introduction To Programming
No programming experience? No Problem! Start developing Android apps today.
Training – Android Basics By Google
In this program, you’ll learn several concepts that will be applied to solving self driving car problems. At the end, you’ll be ready for self driving cars Engineer Nanodegree program!
landing a dream job, buying a big house, acquiring certain certification, getting settled in certain country and so on. These are necessities of life, not purpose of life. While these dreams are good to have, their vision should be to think of something universal, something beyond their personal benefits. 5 Guiding Principles Of A Purposeful Life
I know the status of a man, God has given a healthy body and brain to – however he could not succeed in life. While he could have used his capabilities to do more, earn more and achieve more, his blaming attitude was the one and only basic cause of failures.
While it may seem an uphill task, but with a little bit of tweaking of our personality and practicing some of the critical traits, we can set ourselves on the journey of happiness. This article covers 70 Personality Attributes for Growth and Happiness.
. Regardless of what age you are at, this article about “8 Levels of Personality – A Life Changing Guide” will provide you guidance foundation on how to uplift your vision and wisdom level.
Children are always active. Either playing or fidgeting or running from one place to another. And honestly, this is a good thing. Participating in physical activities is known to improve the overall mental and physical development of the child. And this doesn’t need...
Saving money is a skill that is important in life, but it is not always simple to do. Families may have valid, significant justifications for why it's crucial to encourage young children to develop saving habits right from the very beginning. When it comes to...
Parents are quick to distrust the capability of video games. As parents, you may think that video games are just for leisure and ruin education. You fear that video games might divert your childs’ attention or make them dumb. Little do you realize that video games may...
Everyone has different expectations from schools. Some are concerned about quality of education, some have grave concerns on discipline management, others are complaining about high school fee and the list goes on! This article summarizes the feedback from different...
With so many choices out there, it is not easy to finalize the right school for your kids. With continuous evolution in education industry, every school comes up with a new feature to attract parents. Sometimes these features create sudden spark and as a result of...
Giving your kids the tools they'll need is every parent's dream. The only thing you have to figure out is which tools will prove vital to your children's future. The following are 5 Tutoring Programs that Can Benefit Your Kiddos. 5 Tutoring Programs that Can Benefit...
Either you are a college student or a recent graduate, finding a job requires unique efforts combined with specific skillset. This article provides 21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job 21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job 1- Create a...
A graphic designer visualizes the concepts and produces a ‘hard’ copy of the thoughts in digital format or paper sketch with the purpose of inspiring someone, generating a sale, motivating a customer, attracting the reader or simply conveying a message to its...