Children are always active. Either playing or fidgeting or running from one place to another. And honestly, this is a good thing. Participating in physical activities is known to improve the overall mental and physical development of the child. And this doesn’t need to be a particular sport or exercise. It can be any form of movement. This article provides insight on why your kid should be active and 7 tips to achieve this
Children between 3 to 5 are should move around throughout the day as it encourages their overall growth and development. And kids over 5 are encourage to be active at least 60 minutes a day to see benefits as they grow up. These should include aerobic activities, and muscle and bone strengthening activities.
Why Your Kid Should Be Active and 7 Tips To Achieve This
Below are some of the health benefits kids can experience from being active.
- It helps develop a healthy heart and lungs.
- It helps develop healthy bones, muscles and joints.
- Improve their coordination, muscle control, and strength.
- Help maintain an overall healthy body weight.
- They will become more agile and flexible.
- Improve their overall balance and posture.
- Boosts overall energy levels.
- Help them relax and sleep better.
- Overall development of the brain, leading to improved concentration and thinking skills.
Now that we know being active is beneficial for kids, let’s look at some easy ways to get them moving.
7 Tips To Get Your Kids Moving
Below are some easy tips which will help you get your kids moving.
- Encourage activities that they will enjoy – Make sure to plan and do activities that are fun for the child. This could be a sport he/she enjoys.
- Have numerous options for them to pick from – Make sure to have a lot of variety when it comes to activities. You can have extra games so they do not get bored.
- Encourage physical activity during a routine day – this can include simple things like walking or cycling to school, or playing in the garden with friends instead of spending time on the iPad.
- Avoid spending excessive time in front of a screen – I know this one can be tough for parents but restricting screen time is important if you want the kids to move around more. This can be done by setting a time limit for the screen for a particular activity. Check out this article 10 Tips to Keep Your Children Engaged And Away From Screens
- Lead by example – Do activities as a family, so the child is excited to spend time with you. This will be good not only for them but even you. You can get your child to dance while you get in a workout on your home recumbent bike or manual treadmill.
- Plan ahead – Trying and plan what you will get the kid to do, and find the appropriate place for these activities to avoid any changes. This can mean having games or gatherings planned. You can get in a workout on your home heavy duty exercise bike while your kid is enjoying his/her game.
- Last but not the least, make it fun!
Fun Activities For The Kids To Try
Below are some fun and easy activities that the kids will love.
- Walking / cycling to school
- Playing a sport – football, tennis etc.
- Climbing the jungle gym or the monkey bars
- Fun activities / Hula hoop
- Skipping roles
- Playing with their pet
Getting your child active is not only good for their current state of mind, but also for their overall growth and development. So, you need to include physical activities in their routine in a fun and easy way, so they enjoy it. Why Your Kid Should Be Active and 7 Tips To Achieve This
Article Why Your Kid Should Be Active and 7 Tips To Achieve This is written By healthyandkhush.com Healthy and Khush is a blog dedicated to sharing science-based tips and hacks that will help you lose weight and keep it off.
Can Video Games Be Productive For Students?
Can Video Games Be Productive For Students?As parents, you may think that video games are just for leisure and ruin education. However video games may also help ramp up concentration, maximize memory and improve your children’s language.
How Technology and the Internet Affect Children’s Development￼
How Technology and the Internet Affect Children’s Development. Article covers benefits, drawbacks and recommendations on this subject.
4 Helpful Points for Free Homeschool
This article provides 4 helpful points for free homeschool. It has some suggestions on how to homeschool on a budget or even free.
What Is More Important Play Or Study?
Hands-on learning, Nature time, or studying? Hands-on learning is much more fun for kids – and they tend to retain the information better. This article is about What is more important play or study?
What Expectations Do You Have From The School?
Everyone has different expectations from school. What Expectations Do You Have From The School?