Children are always active. Either playing or fidgeting or running from one place to another. And honestly, this is a good thing. Participating in physical activities is known to improve the overall mental and physical development of the child. And this doesn’t need to be a particular sport or exercise. It can be any form of movement. This article provides insight on why your kid should be active and 7 tips to achieve this
Children between 3 to 5 are should move around throughout the day as it encourages their overall growth and development. And kids over 5 are encourage to be active at least 60 minutes a day to see benefits as they grow up. These should include aerobic activities, and muscle and bone strengthening activities.
Why Your Kid Should Be Active and 7 Tips To Achieve This
Below are some of the health benefits kids can experience from being active.
- It helps develop a healthy heart and lungs.
- It helps develop healthy bones, muscles and joints.
- Improve their coordination, muscle control, and strength.
- Help maintain an overall healthy body weight.
- They will become more agile and flexible.
- Improve their overall balance and posture.
- Boosts overall energy levels.
- Help them relax and sleep better.
- Overall development of the brain, leading to improved concentration and thinking skills.
Now that we know being active is beneficial for kids, let’s look at some easy ways to get them moving.
7 Tips To Get Your Kids Moving
Below are some easy tips which will help you get your kids moving.
- Encourage activities that they will enjoy – Make sure to plan and do activities that are fun for the child. This could be a sport he/she enjoys.
- Have numerous options for them to pick from – Make sure to have a lot of variety when it comes to activities. You can have extra games so they do not get bored.
- Encourage physical activity during a routine day – this can include simple things like walking or cycling to school, or playing in the garden with friends instead of spending time on the iPad.
- Avoid spending excessive time in front of a screen – I know this one can be tough for parents but restricting screen time is important if you want the kids to move around more. This can be done by setting a time limit for the screen for a particular activity. Check out this article 10 Tips to Keep Your Children Engaged And Away From Screens
- Lead by example – Do activities as a family, so the child is excited to spend time with you. This will be good not only for them but even you. You can get your child to dance while you get in a workout on your home recumbent bike or manual treadmill.
- Plan ahead – Trying and plan what you will get the kid to do, and find the appropriate place for these activities to avoid any changes. This can mean having games or gatherings planned. You can get in a workout on your home heavy duty exercise bike while your kid is enjoying his/her game.
- Last but not the least, make it fun!
Fun Activities For The Kids To Try
Below are some fun and easy activities that the kids will love.
- Walking / cycling to school
- Playing a sport – football, tennis etc.
- Climbing the jungle gym or the monkey bars
- Fun activities / Hula hoop
- Skipping roles
- Playing with their pet
Getting your child active is not only good for their current state of mind, but also for their overall growth and development. So, you need to include physical activities in their routine in a fun and easy way, so they enjoy it. Why Your Kid Should Be Active and 7 Tips To Achieve This
Article Why Your Kid Should Be Active and 7 Tips To Achieve This is written By healthyandkhush.com Healthy and Khush is a blog dedicated to sharing science-based tips and hacks that will help you lose weight and keep it off.
With so many choices out there, it is not easy to finalize the right school for your kids…. Also you can Download 32 Points School Ranking Checklist to compare different schools
Convergent thinking is based on logic and requires to-the-point focus, whereas divergent thinking is about creativity and diversification of the subject. Comparison of Convergent and Divergent Students
Giving your kids the tools they’ll need is every parent’s dream. The only thing you have to figure out is which tools will prove vital to your children’s future. The following are 5 Tutoring Programs that Can Benefit Your Kiddos
Analytical thinking plays vital role in character development and decision making. Teens who develop analytical thinking at early stage have stronger possibility to become future thought leaders. 5 Whys Principle For Analytical Thinking Skill
Either you are a college student or a recent graduate, you need money and professional experience. 21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job