The parents now a days are quite worried about the behavioral changes in their children due to several socio-economical reasons. The gap between parents and youth is increasing day by day due to which the family bonding is getting weaker and weaker. [ This article is about 17 Ways Students Can Make Their Parents Feel Great.] Youth wants liberty, privacy and independence and do not prefer their parents to disturb them. Students and young graduates have forgotten the amount of time and efforts their parents have invested in to raise them. There has been countless efforts and sacrifices that have been put in during the whole parenting journey
Starting from our birth they have taken care of our food (22years * 365 days * 3 times = 24000 times!), our clothes (daily washing, ironing, new purchasing), our education (daily home works, uniform, school/tuition fee), religious & moral teaching every day (THE REAL GREAT JOB), computer & toys purchasing and God knows how many other countless efforts they have put in to make us a complete human being to survive in this world. Indeed, all those efforts cannot be covered in this article but the overall emphasis is that its our moral and religious mandatory responsibility to take care of them now.
While Wiki also provides a short list on the same subject, below are some small acts of kindness which I request you to consider to show your affection with them and to take care of them:
17 Ways Students Can Make Their Parents Feel Great
- At start of your career you may not be earning a lot of money yet according to your income, provide your parents with proportional amount of money every month without a miss. Do not bring this process to the point that they have to ask for it. Even if your parents do not need money, still handover some cash directly or indirectly.
- Share and discuss things according to their interest and not based on your likings. Your target is to make them smile or laugh and keep them happy.
- Do not speak to them loudly. Your communication tone with your parents is entirely different than that of when you speak to your friends. Your interaction with your parents should be based on soft tone, decent wordings and low sound.
- While walking, do not walk in front of them. Give them thorough respect by staying behind them. At old age, they may walk slowly hence you need to slow down your speed too instead.
- Try to do their small tasks. Filling their water jug, putting their shoes in place, hanging their clothes should be taken care of by you. Spare 5-10 minutes every day and let them observe while you do this. They will feel proud of your acts of kindness.
- Use kind words often. For example, “Baba, do you need water or coffee? “Dad, should I bring some rice for you?”
- Their health should be one of the prime concerns to you. Closely observe their health, and if you see any abnormality, do take them to hospital. Take care of their medicine routine, record their health statistics properly and every other day ask them on how they feel.
- Set multiple reminders about their activities such as taking them for walk, providing them medicines, general cleaning of room, weekend outdoor activity and so on. Stay consistent in your services.
- Never ever call them with your name. Call them with respect, love and affection. Use the most decent words according to your cultural ethics such as baba jee, mama jee, mummy, daddy, etc.
- When they visit your room or plan to leave the place, open the door for them with respect.
- Adjust your daily routines as per their preferences as much as possible. Try to sacrifice your preferences wherever possible.
- Take them to the shopping mall once in a while or do their shopping. Buy their clothes and small items such as coffee mug etc yourself and present them with deep love. Buy the things according to their liking, taste, color and size preferences. You may want to buy some books since old people prefer to spend time with books.
- Some parents prefer to use social media. Do help your parents with the use of social media. Provide them with guidance and technical assistance if needed. Do it with love and care even if they do not know the basics of technology.
- Give full respect to their social circle. Take them to their friends quite often and let them spend quality time with their friends.
- If you have different thinking pattern than your parents, try to be as much flexible as possible. Remember that they have been raising you for months and years by taking care of your needs. You need to show a lot of patience and adaptability to respect their point of view.
- Shifting them to old houses is a big act of ignorance. Keep them with you and let them enjoy great time with your kids. Their could be some conflicts between you and them on how to raise the kids, yet try to be flexible on what they tell you. Such conflicts should never lead you to a decision point on shifting them to old age house.
- Do not server their food in their room, instead, eat the food along with them. While starting the course, serve them first. Also don’t put something in your mouth until they have started. Similarly, try to give them company until they finish.
In the end, I would recommend making a check list of this article and and paste it on any wall in your room or kitchen and read it often to remember. Please do share if you are doing any other good thing in making your parents feel great 🙂
Finally, I would like to request you sharing this article on your social media and sharing with family, friends and colleagues to spread awareness.
50+ Effective Parenting Tips For Toddlers and Teenagers – Part 6
Top 7 Ways to Stop Procrastinating
35 Points Checklist – How To Evaluate A School
10 Life Tips for New Graduates
5 Whys Principle For Analytical Thinking Skill
Analytical thinking plays vital role in character development and decision making. Teens who develop analytical thinking at early stage have stronger possibility to become future thought leaders. 5 Whys Principle For Analytical Thinking Skill
21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job
Either you are a college student or a recent graduate, you need money and professional experience. 21 Tips For Students And New Graduates To Find A Job
7 Graphics Tools Students Can Use to Make Money
A graphic designer visualizes the concepts and produces a ‘hard’ copy of the thoughts in digital format or paper sketch with the purpose of inspiring someone, generating a sale, motivating a customer, attracting the reader or simply conveying a message to its audience. 7 Graphics Tools Students Can Use to Make Money
Top 10 New Year Resolutions for Students
A New Year’s resolution is a self commitment that a person makes to achieve personal goals, projects, or reforming of a bad habit. Top 10 New Year Resolutions for Students
Training – Introduction to Data Analysis
Data analysis is the science of examining a set of data to draw conclusions about the information to be able to make decisions or simply to expand the knowledge on various subjects. Training – Introduction to Data Analysis
Training – Digital Freelancer
Meet the growing demand for digital freelancers by building your personal brand and starting a successful online business Training – Digital Freelancer
5 Guiding Principles Of A Purposeful Life
landing a dream job, buying a big house, acquiring certain certification, getting settled in certain country and so on. These are necessities of life, not purpose of life. While these dreams are good to have, their vision should be to think of something universal, something beyond their personal benefits. 5 Guiding Principles Of A Purposeful Life
The One and Only Cause of Failures
I know the status of a man, God has given a healthy body and brain to – however he could not succeed in life. While he could have used his capabilities to do more, earn more and achieve more, his blaming attitude was the one and only basic cause of failures.